Monday, January 2, 2017

Do Blue Lives Matter Conditionally?

In November 2016, several law enforcement officers were ambushed in Des Moines, Iowa. I'm still angry about it.

For several months, every time a law enforcement officer was ambushed, some of my Facebook Folks would reinforce the notion of Blue Lives Matter with a post or a share.

Not this time. No Blue Lives Matter anything appeared in my Facebook feed after officers in Des Moines were killed.

Now, unlike the earlier cases, the suspect in the Des Moines shooting is a white person.

Blue Lives Matter Facebook Folk,

your silence tells me is that Blue Lives matter only when the suspect is not a white person,

that the officers in Des Moines did not deserve a meme or a post because of the ethnic background of the suspect who took their lives.

<icy angry stare>

That attitude, that belief, is disgusting, despicable, and dishonorable.

I hope your silence has a different meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment