Monday, June 11, 2012

The Bloomberg Ban

Okay. I actually read an article about what New York City Mayor Bloomberg is proposing. And no, I don't agree that certain entities should be prohibited from selling specific size beverages.

However

What I would like to see are labeling standards for drinks.

At my local Regal Cinema, a small drink is 32 oz. Clearly, management fell from a planet of giants where toddlers average 7'6". Because here on Earth, 32 oz is not a small drink.

Even 7-11 calls its 30 oz drink a Big Gulp.

When I order the child size (12 oz), I'm offered an 'upgrade'.

"For just $0.75 more you can have a small."

"No thank you. I prefer to avoid the searing pain of a bladder threatening to explode. Child size is fine."

On second thought

Maybe mandating that the largest drink size must be no more than XX oz is not such a bad idea. At least for the movie theaters, anyway. They way they're pricing and sizing things, two people probably split a small drink, instead of each person having a drink of their own. They're letting change slip off the table.

Wouldn't that be something? Instituting a law that forces companies to make a little more money? Shameful.




No comments:

Post a Comment